This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Christopher Razor (left) and Angela Riley (right)
Christopher Razor (left) and Angela Riley (right)
NEW CASTLE (Sept. 25, 2014) – A New Castle woman bit a police officer in the calf while she was being arrested during a public intoxication call, police say.

The incident happened late Friday night in the parking lot of the Kroger Store at 120 S. Memorial Dr. in New Castle. According to a report from the New Castle Police Department, officers were dispatched to the area after several witnesses saw a man stumbling around the store and falling down.

Police arrived to find Christopher Scott Razor, 44, having a hard time standing and walking. When he got to his vehicle, he fell against it. Police handcuffed Razor and didn’t bother giving him field sobriety tests due to his apparent high level of intoxication, court documents said.

He blew a 0.099 during a portable breath test from what police described as a “very poor sample.” That part of the case was fairly routine, but when police tried to talk to the driver of the car—Angela D. Riley, 43—things got out of hand.

Riley told police she hadn’t been driving and “wasn’t doing anything.” A PBT put her blood alcohol concentration at 0.16, court documents said. An officer patted down Riley, who then turned “in an aggressive manner” before being placed against the car and put in handcuffs.

While restrained, Riley tried to push herself into the officer and then “began thrashing and attempting to break away.” One officer put her in a headlock and began escorting her toward a patrol car. She kept resisting, court documents said, and lay down on the ground.

Police tried to pull her to her feet. Riley then rolled and bit the officer in the right calf. She kicked her legs, and the officer put her in a leg lock while another officer took control of her arms. Together, they put her in the squad car, although she continued to resist, lying across the seat and kicking so that the officers couldn’t close the door.

She eventually became compliant and told police she has tested positive for hepatitis, a communicable disease that can cause liver problems. Doctors told the officer that there was a “risk of communicable disease transmission from human bites.”

The long night wasn’t over for officers yet. Once Razor was taken to jail, he refused to cooperate or give an adequate breath sample, court documents said. He was then taken to a hospital emergency room, where he continued to be combative and shouted expletives at police and doctors.

Charges against Riley include public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, possession of a schedule IV controlled substance and battery on a public safety officer. Charges against Razor include public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, possession of a schedule III controlled substance and battery on a public safety officer.

Riley was accused of spitting on two police officers in December 2007, according to The Star Press. She pleaded guilty to two counts each of battery by bodily waste and battery in the case.