WXIN/WTTV, A Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for an Information Systems Specialist responsible for maintaining station computer systems, servers, and network infrastructure and providing first level technical support for station personnel.
- Maintains and supports station LAN systems.
- Provides user support on hardware/software.
- Interfaces with Tribune Media Broadcasting and Tribune Media IT on station systems.
- Supports Engineering in integrating and interfacing broadcast equipment into LAN.
- Installing and configuring updated PCs and software.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, department heads and/or VP/General Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems. Verifiable equivalent work experience may be accepted in lieu of some/or all other requirements
- 3 years experience with the installation and maintenance of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite Applications, and Cisco, Juniper Networking Components.
- PHP, HTML skills would be a plus for applicant.
- Good communication skills are required, including documentation & follow-up.
- Prior experience implementing and maintaining LAN and WAN systems.
- Must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends and require minimal supervision to troubleshoot critical system problems and special projects.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds for approximately 100 feet. Some climbing, stooping and crawling may be required. Manual dexterity needed to operate keyboards, pushbuttons, manipulate tools and operate equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean record, be capable of safely operating company vehicles when required and have good vision and hearing for satisfactory task completion, proper signal monitoring and safe vehicle operations.
- Must have excellent people skills in working with executives & users.