Kitchen fire damages Noblesville apartment

News

Scene of fire on Oct. 15, 2015

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NOBLESVILLE, Ind. (Oct. 16, 2015) – A kitchen fire forced an evacuation and caused about $55,000 in damage to a Noblesville apartment.

Crews from the Noblesville Fire Department were dispatched around 7:40 p.m. Thursday to 533 Camelot Court at Noble Manor Apartments. A person who lives in the apartment building heard a smoke detector going off in an upstairs apartment. He discovered a fire and tried unsuccessfully to put it out with a fire extinguisher.

He and another resident alerted their neighbors to the fire and called 911. Crews arrived to find smoke coming from the upstairs apartment. They had it under control by 7:48 p.m. The apartment sustained heat and smoke damage.

Investigators said no one was hurt.

Latest News

More News