INDIANAPOLIS — Thanksgiving fastly approaching and many families may be scrambling to figure out what to eat.
Health officials including the CDC say people should rethink their holiday plans and keep them to just their household.
So, some are skipping the traditional large gatherings for a smaller meal at home. And if you’re just making that decision, it’s not too late to order out. There are still places offering meal plans.
- Popeyes has deep-fried turkey; you can get them until they sell out
- Prime 47 is offering regular full service or Thanksgiving kits to go. They are accepting orders until 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Sahm’s is allowing orders submitted by 2 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Soul City Catering and Food Truck – call to check availability
- Greens N Things – call to check availability
- Huge Impact Restaurant – order by Tuesday, pick up Wednesday.
- City Barbecue – order in by 8 p.m. Tuesday. Pick up between 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Porkopolis – family meals. Place orders by Wednesday by noon; pick up on Wednesday by 3 p.m.
- Nameless Catering – deadline is Wednesday by noon; pick up or delivery can be scheduled for Wednesday or Thursday
- Bob Evans is open Thanksgiving Day for dine-in, carry out and delivery.
- Capri Ristorante- taking pre-orders until Tuesday at 2 p.m., selling day of meals while supplies last
- MCL Restaurant & Bakery is taking orders until Tuesday for pick-up on Wednesday.
- Joella’s Hot Chicken is taking orders until Tuesday for pick-up on Wednesday.
For those who may not have been planning on staying home, ordering one of these meals is an option to still have a special meal on the holiday.
“This pandemic has affected everyone and my family, normally when we get together, it’s about 30 or 40 of us. So it was important since it affected my family, it was important to me that I make my menu geared towards the smaller gatherings,” said Soul City Owner and Chef Ramona Mintz.
Prices and menu vary from place to place, but for the most part, families looking for a meal should be able to find traditional dishes like turkey, dressing and the sides.
If you have a suggestion for a place still taking orders you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.