FORT WAYNE, Ind. – Police arrested an Indianapolis man who was on the run with active warrants related to the abuse that nearly killed his ex-girlfriend.
Last week we told you about Dawann Martin. He was wanted on domestic battery, aggravated battery and strangulation charges.
Those charges stemmed from an incident reported by his ex-girlfriend. Police say he nearly killed her when he beat her and choked her on her birthday.
She was hospitalized and had three facial surgeries and a wrist procedure after the beating.
Martin turned himself in at the Allen County Jail on Saturday, January 25 at 6:40 p.m. They are holding him on an active fugitive warrant issued out of Marion County.
If you or someone you love needs help getting out of a violent relationship, here are some resources:
- The Julian Center
- The organization’s 24/7 hotline number is 317-920-9320. Their website, linked here, is where you can also find resources to help others.
- The Domestic Violence Network
- This agency’s number is 317-872-1086. Their website, linked here, has additional resources to help.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline number is 1-800-799-7233
- The National Dating Abuse Hotline is 1-866-331-9474
- The Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN) number is 1-800-656-4673