Man succumbs to injuries days after neighbors rescue him from burning home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A man whom neighbors rescued from a south side fire has died.

Wishard Hospital confirmed George Chapman died Tuesday.

Fire broke out at his home on Alice Avenue just after 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

Passersby were able to respond before emergency officials arrived on the scene. They kicked in the door and pulled Chapman out of the fire.

Chapman had been in critical condition since Sunday morning. Two others were also injured in the fire.

A kerosene space heater may have been to blame for the fire. Investigators also said it doesn’t appear there were any working smoke detectors in the house.

Related Stories:


Most Popular

Latest News

More News