INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Feb. 20, 2016) - After a record breaking warm day Saturday, Indianapolis is expected to experience another spring like afternoon on Sunday. And if you don't have any plans personal gardener Sally McNamara-Myers says it's not too early to start thinking about your garden and lawn.
Things you can do Sunday....
- Start flower and vegetable seeds inside
- Peat pellets and peat pots are great tool to start plants with
- Tomatos, cucumbers, lettuce and sweet peppers are just a few of the vegetables that grow great in Indiana
- Clear out flower beds
- Prune trees and shrubs
- Summer blooming trees and shrubs get pruned in the spring
- Spring blooming trees and shrubs get pruned six weeks after they bloom
Things to start thinking about...
- Will you have a vegetable or flower garden?
- Vegetables need more light to grow so you need to make sure your flower bed has good sunlight for best results
- Get a plan to attack weeds
- Many stores offer a four-step program fertilizer program that fertilizes the lawn, kill weeds and can help solve insect problems