FISHERS (Oct. 17, 2014) – The parents of a Hoosier held captive by ISIS will attend a prayer vigil for their son Friday.
Abdul-Rahman Kassig was captured in October 2013 while providing aid to Syria. ISIS didn’t mention Kassig in its latest video, which surfaced Thursday. The group had named him as its next target for execution in a previous recording.
Friday, they’ll gather in Fishers for a prayer and a program about their son’s work and the struggles of Syrian refugees.
About the vigil:
1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Al Huda Foundation, 12201 Lantern Rd.
Fishers, IN 46038
Brief Program on Abdul Rahman Kassig’s Work
- Ed Kassig, father of Abdul-Rahman
- Eliot Stempf, co-founder of Special Emergency Response and Assistance (SERA)
- Emma Beals, journalist covering the Middle East and friend of Abdul-Rahman
- ISIS targets Hoosier native as next target for execution
- Parents of ISIS captive and Indiana native release video on YouTube
- Crowd packs room to learn about ISIS, respond to threat to Hoosier
- Mother of American hostage reaches out to ISIS on Twitter
- Mother of Hoosier ISIS captive: ‘I need to know that I’ve done everything that I can do’
- More released from Hoosier ISIS captive’s letter: ‘It is still really hard to believe all of this is happening’