Salvation Army Indiana no longer accepting applications for Angel Tree Program


Salvation Army Angel Tree Program

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Update: The Salvation Army is no longer taking applications. The deadline was October 22.

Original story:

If you are looking for help this holiday season, Salvation Army Indiana wants to help. From October10th-22nd, you can register central Indiana children up to 12 years of age for this year’s Angel Tree Program.

Families can register in person at Salvation Army Fountain Square Corps Community Center located at 1337 S. Shelby St. or the The Salvation Army Eagle Creek Corps Community Center at 4400 N. High School Rd.

Angel Tree is designed to help families whose income falls below the 2016 United States Poverty Guidelines. The qualified income level is dependent upon the number of persons in your household, so visit to determine whether your family qualifies. If you are already planning to apply for Christmas assistance from another agency or organization, please do not apply for Angel Tree, too.

Applications will be taken at both locations on the following days and times:

Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday (10/22 only) 9:00am – Noon
Sunday n/a

What items must I bring with me in order to apply for Angel Tree assistance?
All applicants must bring the following with them on the day they apply. Applications cannot be processed without these items.

  • Valid form of photo ID for applicant (examples: U.S. Driver’s License, U.S. Passport, Indiana State ID, School ID, Green Card, etc.)
  • Proof of residence (examples: utility bill, bank statement, etc.); must be within the last month before registering.
  • Proof of ALL income, earned and unearned (includes: check stubs, unemployment, SSI, pensions, veteran benefits, disability, SNAP, child support, TANF/AFDC, WIC, etc.); documents MUST have a dollar amount on them, as we cannot accept a SNAP card or appointment letter; SNAP cannot be your only form of income.
  • Proof of rent, mortgage, or subsidized housing (receipt, lease, or letter from landlord)
  • Proof of ALL other expenses (includes: car loan, medical bills, credit cards, other loans, etc.)
  • All current utility statements (includes: electric, water, gas, cable, phone, etc.)
  • Birth Certificates for all children to be registered.
  • List of all clothing and shoe sizes for children to be registered.

I still have questions. Who can I can I contact?
Contact Captain Chrissy Cooper at with any questions you have about Angel Tree.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News