According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Angry women block traffic across Poland over abortion ban
- Barrett confirmation would tilt court conservative for generations
- Stocks have their worst day in a month as coronavirus cases surge
- Democrats make final push to prevent Barrett’s confirmation