Resident says cleaning chemicals may have started near north side fire

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.—A near north side resident believes cleaning chemicals were to blame for a small fire that sparked in the upstairs of his house Tuesday.

Fire crews were dispatched to the home in the 2800 block of N. Capitol Ave. around 10:11 a.m. Firefighters were able to contain the fire in approximately 10 minutes.

Resident 43-year-old Shawn Smith told officials he was cleaning and believed the cleaning chemicals he was using reacted with each other, prompting a small fire. Smith was transported to Methodist Hospital in stable condition for smoke inhalation.

Damage to the home is estimated at $1,000.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News