CLARK COUNTY (March 13, 2015) – Investigators continue to pore over information and eyewitness accounts from a charter bus crash involving the Indiana Tech bowling teams.
The teams were on their way to a bowling tournament in Smyrna, Tenn., when their bus crashed on I-65 south near Henryville Thursday morning. The bus was carrying 16 members of the bowling team along with coaches and staff.
Indiana State Police said Friday morning that three people remain hospitalized: Rex Altenburg, 76, Fort Wayne (the driver); Jeannine Secrist, 68, Fort Wayne (the coach’s wife); and Michaelia Kemp, 18, Fort Wayne (Indiana Tech student). All are at University of Louisville Hospital in satisfactory or fair condition.
Around 6 p.m. Friday, Kemp was released from the hospital.
State police said the last of the students at Scott Memorial Hospital was released around 10 a.m. Friday.
Here are the names of everyone involved in the crash:
- Quinisha Burnett, 19, Flint, Mich.
- Quinton M. Burnett, 21, Flint, Mich.
- Brooke Copenhauer, 22, Fort Wayne
- Brandon J. Dejonge, 18, Zeeland, Mich.
- Amy Kimberger (assistant coach), 47, Andrews, Ind.
- Gregory Kimberger, 46, Andrews, Ind.
- Kyle Koss, 19, Fort Wayne
- Tyler Krepp, 19, Huntington
- Bryce Leming, 21, Marion
- Mitchell M. McGee, 20, Fort Wayne
- Torrion Parker, 22, St. Louis, Mo.
- Samantha Pasch, 21, Indianapolis
- Alyssa Prickett, 20, Huntington
- Alexandra Rittenhouse, 18, Huntington
- Larry Secrist (coach), 76, Fort Wayne
- Jenna Shaffer, 22, Sydney, Ohio
- Joshua Stier, 22, Fort Wayne
- Emalee Wiser, 21, Fort Wayne