Indiana State Police are asking everyone who is able to to stay home.
If you must travel, you’re asked to heed the following tips:
• Do not call city, county or state police to check on road conditions – police agencies across the state want to keep phone lines open for emergency phone calls
• For up-to-date weather information the best source is Fox59 or check the National Weather Service at http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ind/
• Visit www.TrafficWise.IN.gov or dial toll-free 1-800-261-ROAD (7623) for updated Indiana travel information, including road conditions, road closures, construction information, crashes and other traffic alerts
• If you must drive during any period of the storm a fully charged and functioning cell phone is your best friend
• If you are involved in a crash and no one is injured and the involved vehicles are still drivable, move to a safe area to exchange names, vehicle and license plate information, along with driver license number and insurance agent name and phone number with the other driver
• During severe weather conditions law enforcement will be busy responding to emergency calls and will not be able to take reports of crashes where there is only damage to property
• Vehicles left abandoned along interstate and state road right-of-ways are subject to immediate removal during inclement weather events.