Unattended grease blamed for fire that destroyed kitchen

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (February 21, 2016)–Fire heavily damaged an east side home Sunday afternoon.  Unattended grease on the stove is being blamed for destroying the home’s kitchen.

Indianapolis Fire crews were called to the 1700 block of Elmhurst Drive around 3:45 p.m.

The resident told firefighters she put grease on the stove to heat up and then left the room to take a shower.

A short time later the woman said she heard loud noises coming from the kitchen.  When she went to investigate she found her kitchen filled with flames.

The woman woke her husband and the couple went next door to ask a neighbor to call 911.

No injuries were reported.  Damage to the home is estimated at $25,000.

 

 

Most Popular

Latest News

More News