SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) – Kyren Williams ran for 185 yards and two touchdowns and safety Shaun Crawford helped thwart a potential Florida State rally with a goal-line interception in No. 5 Notre Dame’s 42-26 victory Saturday night.
Williams fumbled at his own 32 on the second play from scrimmage, then riddled Florida State the rest of the way, picking up 130 yards and both his TDs by halftime as the Fighting Irish took a 35-20 lead.
Ian Book completed 16 of 25 passes for 201 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 58 yards and another score.
With Notre Dame leading 42-26, the Seminoles drove 73 yards to the 5, but Crawford picked off Jordan Travis’ pass with 8:21 left.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Man bowls three 300 games in a row, becomes part of history
- Local mom helps women regain the energy and health of their youth
- NASA calls ‘mystery’ rocket crash on moon highly unusual
- Supreme Court ruling leaves dwindling paths for Biden’s climate commitments
- Indy Now Lyrical Lightning: Songs from the show ‘Stranger Things’