SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) – Kyren Williams ran for 185 yards and two touchdowns and safety Shaun Crawford helped thwart a potential Florida State rally with a goal-line interception in No. 5 Notre Dame’s 42-26 victory Saturday night.
Williams fumbled at his own 32 on the second play from scrimmage, then riddled Florida State the rest of the way, picking up 130 yards and both his TDs by halftime as the Fighting Irish took a 35-20 lead.
Ian Book completed 16 of 25 passes for 201 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 58 yards and another score.
With Notre Dame leading 42-26, the Seminoles drove 73 yards to the 5, but Crawford picked off Jordan Travis’ pass with 8:21 left.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Zach Edey scores 23, No. 24 Purdue tops No. 6 Gonzaga 84-66
- NC State beats Butler for 5th place at Battle 4 Atlantis
- ‘Trash Walker’ documents troubling finds in NYC garbage piles
- What to do if your vehicle loses traction on wintry roads
- Suspect hijacks city bus in San Francisco, smashes into cars, video shows